Are you a skilled communicator with a passion for making a global impact? IFC – International Finance Corporation is seeking a talented Communication Analyst to join their team in Washington, DC. In this role, you’ll play a vital part in shaping and delivering IFC’s communication strategies and initiatives.
If you have a strong command of English and a knack for effective communication, apply by November 16, 2023, to be part of this exciting opportunity and contribute to IFC’s mission. Don’t miss your chance to make a difference!
|Position||Communication Analyst in Washington|
|Organization||IFC – International Finance Corporation|
|Closing Date||Thursday, 16 November 2023|
|Term Duration||3 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type||Local Recruitment|
|Location||Washington, DC, United States|
|Preferred Language(s)||Not specified|
|Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY)||11/16/2023 at 11:59pm UTC|
Roles and Responsibilities
CAO is seeking an experienced Communications Analyst based in Washington, D.C. to join a small team focused on E&S accountability and grievance redress in relation to private sector development. The Communications Analyst will report to the Head of Communications and work closely with the Communications Officer and Communications Consultant.
Join IFC as a Communication Analyst in Washington, DC! Apply by Nov 16, 2023
The Analyst must have experience in developing and disseminating reports; managing websites and social media; events and outreach; and have a strong background in creative writing and editing.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
External Reporting, Dissemination & Editorial Support
- Working closely with CAO’s front office, dispute resolution, compliance, and advisory teams, publish monthly data/information reports on CAO’s caseload.
- Provide cross-office internal communication support to CAO teams on designing, editing, and disseminating reports, publications, presentations, slide decks, and other materials.
- Provide content editing support for language accuracy and completeness.
Website & Social Media Management
- Day-to-day maintenance of CAO’s website and social media platforms, posting new content and case disclosures, and ensuring website is up to date in coordination with the dispute resolution, compliance, and advisory teams; coordinate content posting on relevant blogs and other social media outreach and engagement.
- Provide editorial support for CAO’s online platforms, adapting content as required for effective online communications.
- Implement a social media strategy with the objective to increase online content engagement and awareness of CAO.
- Track and report on website and social media metrics.
- Research trends and identify innovative ways to leverage CAO’s digital channels.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance with 3 or more years’ experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, ability to convey complex messages succinctly and diplomatically.
- Strong writing skills; with minimum supervision able to prepare and edit communication products and develop drafts of complex materials in a clear, concise, and accessible style for print and digital circulation.
- Proficient in MS Office; experience working with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign), website content management systems (Drupal, etc), and marketing platforms (e.g. MailChimp).
- Experience in drafting engaging social media posts in English and producing multimedia content, including technical knowledge of using tools like Canva, Photoshop or other similar tools.
- Understanding of digital media strategies.
- Familiarity with latest trends and innovative approaches to social media messaging and engagement.
- Proven ability to work independently; use good judgment and be proactive; excellent attention to detail; and good time management skills and organizational skills.
For more information on CAO, please visit: https://www.cao-ombudsman.org/