Communication Specialist Job- World Bank Washington
Table of Contents
Communication Specialist Job at The World Bank, Washington – Apply by 14 Nov 2023
|Job Title||Extended Term Consultant – Communication Specialist|
|Organization||The World Bank|
|Office||World Bank in Washington, United States|
|Closing Date||Tuesday, 14 November 2023|
|Term Duration||1 year, 0 months|
|Recruitment Type||Local Recruitment|
|Location||Washington, DC, United States|
|Preferred Language(s)||Not specified|
Roles & Responsibilities Duties and tasks of the External Affairs Officer will include, but are not limited to:
- Support on the implementation and monitoring of a results-oriented global communications strategy for the Bank’s HNP GP that will advance the Bank’s narrative and influence globally, resulting in compelling and effective knowledge-sharing, stakeholder engagement and advocacy. This includes supporting the communications work around HNP’s strategy refresh, including on key priorities such as primary health care and health systems strengthening, climate and health, and pandemic preparedness and response, as well as on cross-cutting areas such as health financing, digital health, service delivery and other areas.
- Contribute to the technical briefs for senior management and for global director. This will include preparing standardized HNP talking points that are in line with guidance form the External Corporate Relations (ECR) team; contributing to regular technical briefings to the World Bank Board of Directors, as needed; preparing technical briefs for the HNP Director and for other members of the leadership team; supporting regional teams with communications, as requested.
- Developing, in consultation with the ECRHD comms lead for HNP, a strategy for a strong web and social media presence for HNP, including preparing, packaging, and adapting material into effective digital content, and using online tools to market the content to key target audiences and contribute to the HNP Twitter channel, under the guidance of the ECR comms lead for HNP.
- Master’s degree or equivalent, and a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in communications, ideally related to social sectors and health.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills and ability to distill key messages that are differentiated for different audiences.
- Strong team player and willingness and demonstrated ability to work in sync with other colleagues in the front office at all times.
- Demonstrated substantial and current knowledge of issues and developments in the global development arena, an understanding/experience working in one or more of the following areas is a plus: health care, health financing, climate and health, pandemic preparedness and response.