Passionate about wild cat conservation? Panthera, dedicated to safeguarding the world’s big and small cats, is seeking a Conservation Support Coordinator. Be a part of our team in Cape Town, South Africa, as we work to protect cheetahs, jaguars, leopards, lions, pumas, snow leopards, tigers, and more.
Your role will contribute to the preservation of these magnificent creatures and their habitats. If you’re committed to wildlife conservation and ready to make a global impact, apply now and help secure a future for wild cats! #ConservationJobs #PantheraCats #CapeTownWildlife
Join Panthera in South Africa: Conservation Support Coordinator:
Be a part of Panthera, an organization dedicated to the conservation of the world’s wild cats and the ecosystems they call home. We are looking for a Conservation Support Coordinator in the stunning city of Cape Town, South Africa.
|Field Location||Cape Town|
|Office||Panthera in Cape Town|
|About the Organization||Founded in 2006, Panthera is dedicated to the conservation of the world’s 40 species of wild cats and their habitats. Our diverse team of biologists, data scientists, law enforcement experts, and wild cat advocates work towards the protection of seven species of big cats: cheetahs, jaguars, leopards, lions, pumas, snow leopards, and tigers. We also develop specialized conservation strategies for the world’s most endangered small cats. With the support of our global community, we raise awareness about the challenges faced by wild cats, collaborate with local communities for coexistence, combat poaching, counter the illegal wildlife trade, and preserve the vital landscapes required for wild cats’ survival.|
|Position||Conservation Support (CONSUP) Coordinator|
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Start Date||Immediately/01 December 2023|
|How to Apply||Applications close on 31 October 2023. Please submit your CV with two professional referees and their contact details. If including a cover letter, ensure that the CV and cover letter are uploaded as one document.|
Main responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with Conservation Technology Support Technician(s).
- Liaise with software users and software programmers to ensure the most effective communication between the two parties.
- Manage associated online support forums and help desk ticketing systems
- Manage software tasks within the associated online project management platforms, alongside the Conservation Technology’s Programming unit.
- Identify hardware and software solutions.
- Troubleshoot technical issues including diagnosing and repairing faults, and resolving network issues alongside the Conservation Technology’s Programming unit.
- Install and configure hardware and software.
- Communicate effectively with Panthera staff and partners to quickly get to the root of their problem.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science or Information Technology, or relevant experience with exceptionally strong future potential to advance (STEM Staff).
- Prior experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Windows/Linux/Mac OS.
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Applications close 31 October 2023. CVs must include two professional referees and their contact details. If submitting a cover letter, ensure that CV and cover letter are uploaded as one document.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find more UN Careers Here
Although this position is open to candidates of any nationality, suitably qualified South African nationals will be given preference.