As a Field Security Associate, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the safety and well-being of our operations in Kampala, Uganda. Within the limits of your delegated authority, you will be entrusted with essential responsibilities that help safeguard our mission.
Within the limits of delegated authority, the Field Security Associate is responsible for the following duties: Assists the Security Adviser and Field Security Coordination Officer in collecting, updating, and communicating information regarding the security situation in Kampala, Uganda.
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations in the area of operation;
- Helps to assess the security situation at the duty station and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required for a proper analysis of the situation;
- Communicates information on security issues to the heads of United Nations agencies and provides host country security advice to UNDSS, as required;
- Maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of UN agencies;
- May be requested to provide technical assistance at Area/Security Management Team meetings. Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating staff lists:
- Helps in the preparation and review of the UN Security Plan;
|Job Title||Field Security Associate|
|Organization||Department of Safety and Security|
|Office||Department of Safety and Security in Kampala|
|Closing Date||Saturday, 11 November 2023|
|Posting Title||FIELD SECURITY ASSOCIATE, G6|
|Job Code Title||FIELD SECURITY ASSISTANT|
|Department/Office||Department of Safety and Security|
|Posting Period||13 October 2023 – 11 November 2023|
|Job Opening Number||23-Security-DSS-219786-R-Kampala (O)|
Professionalism: Knowledge in the field of security risk management, especially of the UNSMS. Ability to make quick decisions in emergencies or when rapid response is required. Shows pride in work and in achievements.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Seven (7) years of work experience in security, risk or disaster or emergency areas with security responsibilities, in the public or private service areas, such as national security, military or police, or in a corporate environment is required. Experience in the use of Microsoft applications i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint is required. Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable. Experience in the use of radio communications systems is desirable.
FIND MORE UN CAREERS HERE
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency (oral and written) in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.