Management Specialist Position. Elevate your career at UN Women HQ in the heart of New York City! Be a part of the global movement for gender equality. The UN Women in New York seeking a Management Specialist to contribute to the empowerment of women and the elimination of discrimination.
Apply by October 27, 2023, and make a lasting impact on women’s rights worldwide. Don’t miss this opportunity to be a catalyst for change! #EmpowerWomen #UNWomenNYC
UN Women in New York, USA: Management Specialist Position:
Join the UN Women – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women and become a Management Specialist in the vibrant city of New York, USA.
|Organization||UN Women – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women|
|Office||UN Women HQ New York|
|Closing Date||Friday, 27 October 2023|
|Location||New York, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA|
|Application Deadline||27-Oct-23 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract||TA International|
|Expected Duration of Assignment||Until 31 December 2023|
UNDP is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace, embracing individuals from various backgrounds, including minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities. All applications are handled with the utmost confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide substantive technical, coordination and liaison support to the DED Directorate / Director PPID
- Provide coordination and technical support to the DED Directorate / Director PPID in interactions with other UN entities by working closely with liaison staff of senior officials of those entities;
- Process and/or prepare the DED Directorate / Director PPID participation in meetings and missions/key events;
- Manage the DED’s Directorate / Director agenda; evaluate and keep track of important events and, meeting and advise on priorities and critical meetings requiring his/ her presence;
- Liaise closely with Divisions, sections and field offices as well as key partners and stakeholders on workplans and commitments.Assist in the follow-up to meetings and corporate initiatives, including the preparation of relevant notes as appropriate;
- Maintain close contacts with the Executive Director Office, and the Office of the DED/ASG for Partnerships, Resources and Sustainability and bring to the attention of the ASG/DED all matters requiring his/ her personal attention. Formulate options as to how those matters might be best handled and followed-up, as directed;
2. Provide substantive knowledge management and reporting support:
- Establish a system for timely and prioritized decision-making and ensure sharing of good practices and decisions with involved units and divisions;
- Coordinate efforts and in meeting deadlines related to organizational reports including for intergovernmental bodies ensuring the required quality standards are observed;
- Ensure the timely follow-up to the Division’s directives, including the effective dissemination of pertinent information to senior management and other relevant staff at Headquarters and in other offices.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
Education and Certification:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in one of the following disciplines: social sciences, political science, international relations, business administration or management, public administration, or other related fields;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively varied responsible experience with international and/or corporate organizations preferably in the United Nations system and its organizations;
- Experience in Results Based Management is required;
- Experience working on issues of gender equality and empowerment of women is desirable;
- Experience in knowledge generation and management, research, normative support and integrated policy advice to governments and other development actors is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form.doc.
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.