Project Accountant Job at IBI. Unlock a dynamic career opportunity with IBI! As a Project Accountant, you will be at the forefront of driving excellence in accounting, financial management, and reporting for IBI’s impactful projects. Operating within the framework of generally accepted accounting principles, IBI’s corporate policies, and stringent USAID financial regulations, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the sound, ethical, and transparent financial management of our diverse project portfolio.
Project Accountant Job at IBI
If you are passionate about fostering financial integrity and compliance, this is your chance to contribute to a purpose-driven organization. Join IBI in championing ethical financial practices and be a key player in our mission for positive change. Apply now to take your finance career to new heights!
Supervisor: Accounts Receivables Manager
Location of Employment: Arlington, Virginia
Specific responsibilities includes
- Detailed review of monthly field office transactions.
- Detailed review of monthly field financial reports.
- Reconcile field bank and petty cash accounts.
- Reconcile the field accounting books to the corporate general ledger.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Liaise with project field accountants to offer guidance and support.
- Organize and maintain comprehensive financial files and ensure that all financial record retention is compliant with legal and donor agency requirements.
- Assist with project audits.
Key Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Experience working with financial application software and related reporting tools.
Preference will be given to candidates with these attributes
- Strong Microsoft skills including advanced Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly organized, detailed oriented, and result driven.
- Ability to manage workload and competing priorities essential.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
– Previous experience working on donor funded projects; preferably USAID projects , for more details concerning the job visits jobs.org/vacancies/1701368