Senior Communications Officer Job at IFC, Washington – Apply by 11/5/2023. IFC is recruiting for a Senior Communications Officer to lead the external and internal communications program for the Economics and Private Sector Development Vice Presidency.
The Senior Communications Officer for Economics and Private Sector Development will be responsible for leading external and internal communications, including; media and launch events for IFC reports and publications; communicating IFC’s development impact to external audiences; organizing academic conferences in collaboration with leading universities; creating and placing articles and op eds in a variety of business and economics journals, blogs, and newspapers; producing a monthly internal newsletter for all staff; overseeing social media; and coordinating with the IFC and World Bank Group communications network.
Exciting Opportunity: Senior Communications Officer – IFC Washington
|Job Title||Senior Communications Officer – Economics and Private Sector Development|
|Organization||IFC – International Finance Corporation|
|Closing Date||Sunday, 5 November 2023|
|Location||Washington, DC, United States|
|Preferred Language(s)||Not specified|
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focusing on the private sector in emerging markets. With operations in over 100 countries, IFC utilizes its capital, expertise, and influence to foster markets and opportunities in developing nations. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a historic US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, working to eliminate extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in the face of global challenges.
Role and Responsibilities:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and seasoned business and economics communications professional to lead the planning, development, and implementation of communications and outreach strategies for the Economics and Private Sector Development Vice Presidency. Specific work areas include the following: Products:
- Conceptualizes and supervises the launch and dissemination of IFC flagship reports (e.g., media packets, news releases, talking points and Q&As, online, and social media content, speeches, etc.).
- Writes and/or oversees preparation of articles and op eds related to IFC reports, as well as of high-profile speeches and presentations.
- Develops and implements a social media strategy in collaboration with the Head of Digital Communications.
- Master’s degree in communications, Journalism, Economics, Political Science, Business/Finance, or related field.
- 8 or more years of experience in business/economics journalism, corporate communications, or international relations/public affairs.
- Excellent writing skills on topics related to economics and international development, with an ability to distill complex information for a general business audience.
- Understanding of current development and international economics topics and issues.
- High energy, drive, and ability to work with minimal oversight in delivering the work program.
- Demonstrated ability to develop compelling content based on economics and development trends, case studies and innovations in communications products in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner.
- Proven ability to develop excellent media relationships and partnerships with a range of other organizations, including academia, think tanks, and other international organizations.