Join The World Bank in Washington, United States, as a Senior Environmental Specialist, and be a driving force in shaping a sustainable future. This role calls for a visionary leader in environmental matters.
|Position||Senior Environmental Specialist|
|Organization||The World Bank|
|Office||World Bank in Washington, United States|
|Closing Date||Monday, 20 November 2023|
Duties and Accountabilities
Provide technical support to senior leadership on ocean related issues, representing the GEF at important events and meetings on these topics.
Senior Environmental Specialist Job at World Bank in Washington, United States
3. Provide thought leadership across the organization on thematic areas relevant for the GEF-8 International Waters as established in the GEF-8 Programming Directions.
4. Manage reviews of project proposals to be financed by the GEF Trust Fund, according to the agreed project review criteria, provide guidance on major issues involved in the development of project proposals and assist in overall preparation of work programs to be presented to GEF Council.
5. Participate in the GEF work within Regional Teams on GEF issues, including participation in country dialogues, expanded constituency workshops, and the GEF Country Support Program.
6. As required, represent the GEF at a senior level at selected international, political, scientific and operational forums.
7. Participate in the political outreach to relevant countries in international fora, with the relevant international platforms and events related to International Waters.
8. Provide quality inputs to the CEO and Director of Strategy and Operations on country and thematic briefings, talking points, speeches, analytical/strategic documents.
9. Support the design and development of knowledge management products, brochures, outreach and communication material, and provide inputs on the revision of operational processes and procedures, as requested.
10. Support the development and delivery of GEF reports, Council documents, engagement plans, and other work products related to the International Waters Focal Area, as needed.
- The candidate should possess a Master’s degree with at least eight years of professional experience, or a Ph.D., with seven years of experience in the field of ocean conservation, oceanography, marine biology, coastal policy, or other relevant disciplines with substantial experience on intersectoral transboundary marine resource conservation, international and regional management, natural resources management and knowledge management.
- The candidate should demonstrate an excellent knowledge of achieving conservation outcomes for transboundary marine ecosystems, preferably within an international context.
Deliver results for clients:
- Sets challenging goals to support the delivery of the GEF mission and is always looking to improve
- Understands clients’ most pressing challenges and contributes to solutions
- Takes personal responsibility for producing high quality work, identifying and informing of risks, and delivering results for clients Lead and innovate:
Applies critical thinking to current approaches, identifies areas for improvement, and tries new solutions that drive results
- Encourages and works with others to identify, incubate and implement relevant solutions
Visit the official website to APPLY HERE