UNHCR Administrative Intern in New York, United States of America. UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, invites you to join their mission in the heart of New York, USA. As an Administrative Intern, you’ll play a vital role in saving lives, protecting rights, and building a brighter future for refugees and displaced communities.
- The intern will complete the following obligatory online training courses:
- Minimum qualifications required for a UNHCR Administrative intern
- UNHCR Administrative Intern in New York, USA:
- Financial allowance, visa, and medical insurance
- To apply, Visit The Official Website Here
- Find More UN Jobs Here
The intern will have opportunities to engage in these tasks that will introduce them to the behind-the-scenes activities of UNHCR, as well as learn about the activities of the organization as a whole and work with staff across the units. The position will require physical presence in the office; hence, it is necessary that one reside within commuting distance.
|Location||New York, United States of America|
|Posted On||Posted 6 Days Ago|
|Job Requisition ID||JR2327972|
|Hardship Level||H (no hardship)|
|Staff Member / Affiliate Type||Internship|
|Target Start Date||2024-01-15|
|Job Posting End Date||October 31, 2023|
|Terms of Reference||Terms of Reference for Administrative Intern|
• Assist in planning, coordinating, and carrying out events organized by NYO.
• Purchase supplies and equipment in line with office procedures, obtaining quotations from suppliers.
• Assist in maintaining files and databases for Microsoft Teams and Share Point.
• Reorganize information into a user-friendly format for various purposes.
• Update various staff lists and briefing notes.
• Manage and maintain office equipment.
• Disposal of office supplies and equipment
The intern will complete the following obligatory online training courses:
1. Basic Security in the field (BSAFE)
2. UN Course on Prevention of Harassment, Sexual Harassment and Abuse of Authority
3. Protection Induction Programme (PIP)
4. Preventing Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Minimum qualifications required for a UNHCR Administrative intern
• Be either a recent graduate (having completed their studies within two years of applying) or a current student in a graduate/undergraduate school program from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
• Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant to or of interest to the work of UNHCR.
• An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother, or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
UNHCR Administrative Intern in New York, USA:
Financial allowance, visa, and medical insurance
• Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance in the amount of 1,755.13 USD per month to support costs related to food and local transportation.
• If an intern receives financial support from an outside party, UNHCR will need to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the concerned party (e.g., a sponsoring educational institution).
In this case, no payments will be made by UNHCR towards food and local transportation. In the event that the amount of financial support is less than 1,755.13 USD per month, the difference will be paid by UNHCR.
• Interns should be ready to cover their own travel to the duty station as well as any additional costs above and beyond any allowance they may receive from UNHCR.
• A G-4 visa is required for interns who are not US citizens or lawful permanent residents. If already in the United States of America on another non-immigrant visa status other than G-4, the selected intern will be responsible for converting his or her visa status to G-4.