Human Resources Internship in New York. With an exclusive internship opportunity in the heart of the bustling city! The Resident Coordinator System is offering a dynamic role for a HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN. This Stage I-1 internship is your passport to gaining invaluable experience in HR administration within a global network.
Human Resources Internship in New York | Apply by Nov 20, 2023
Picture yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of New York, contributing to the seamless functioning of the Resident Coordinator System. Don’t miss your chance to be a pivotal part of HR excellence – apply by November 20, 2023, and kickstart your journey to a thriving career in Human Resources.
Job Opening Information
|Job Opening||Job Opening ID: 221535|
|Job Network||Management and Administration|
|Category and Level||Stage, I-1|
|Duty Station||NEW YORK|
|Department/Office||Resident Coordinator System|
|Date Posted||Nov 7, 2023|
|Deadline||Nov 20, 2023|
The position is located in the Human Resources Section, Business Management Branch of the United Nations Development Coordination Office (DCO) Headquarters in New York and is for a period of six (6) months .
The Intern may be responsible for the following duties: • Work on key elements of flagship projects that align with the responsibilities of a HR Specialist (such as career support, performance management, learning), gaining valuable skills in stakeholder management and translating insights into action;
• Develop HR workflows to illustrate policy-backed administrative procedures across diverse human resources teams in a number of UN duty stations;
• Support various HR initiatives, such as research analysis, benchmarking, solution implementation, HR analytics/reporting;
• Assist in the development of communication and other shared/strategic correspondence, for more effective audience engagement • Support the development of learning action plans;
• Create PPTs, illustrations and/or infographics for print and digital platforms; • Support the maintenance and/or development of SharePoint pages; • Perform other related duties, as required.
Professionalism: Ability to identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems; Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations financial rules, regulations and procedures; Ability to maintain accurate records, review and interpret a wide variety of data and prepare relevant financial reports;
Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
To qualify for an internship by the United Nations Headquarters Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met: 1. Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(1) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(2) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (3) Have graduated with a university degree as defined in
(2) above and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year period of graduation.
2. Applicants must be computer literate in standard software applications, including MS Suite (Word, Excel).
3. Applicants must have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations.
4. Applicants must have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.