Events Logistics Support Consultant at IDB in Washington apply now.
Ignite your passion for events logistics.
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is in search of a talented Events Logistics Support Consultant for its Fiscal Management Division in Washington, United States.
This role presents a unique opportunity to contribute to the seamless execution of impactful events and enhance the operational efficiency of IDB.
Events Logistics Support Consultant at IDB in Washington apply now
Join us in the heart of Washington and be a crucial part of creating memorable and successful events.
The Fiscal Management Division (IFD/FMM) supports the efforts of the governments of Latin America and the Caribbean to reinforce their fiscal policy and management at both the national and subnational levels to boost economic development and reduce inequality and poverty.
FMM’s main work areas are tax policy and administration, public expenditure policy and administration, subnational fiscal policy and administration, fiscal sustainability, macro-fiscal policy, and fiscal transparency.
In coordination with FMM front Office and the Knowledge Innovation and Communications Department, provide high quality support in event organization, including all logistics involved in the planning stage and the delivery of the event, including:
- Events requirements identification and scheduling including preparation of event budget estimation and execution monitoring.
- Support the FMM learning coordinator and the FMM Front Office team in the registration and organization of internal FMM events (brown bag lunches (BBL),
- workshops, and other internal training events), including reservation of conference room, catering, Zoom or Teams etc.
- Coordination of services (Hotel, conference rooms, audiovisual support, catering services, translation, interpretation, printing, virtual and physical room setup, and assembly, among others, depending on the need) including negotiation with external providers in coordination with the events logistics team of the Knowledge Learning and Innovation Department.
- Prepare letters of agreement, travel arrangements, expense reports when needed.
- Preparation of a clear work-plan for successful event delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public relations, marketing, communications, event management or other fields relevant to the responsibilities of the role.
2 years of relevant work experience preferred. Having worked at the IDB is a plus.
Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required.
Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is preferable.
- Learn continuously.
- Collaborate and share knowledge.
- Focus on clients.
- Communicate and influence.
- Innovate and try new things.