IFC Seeks Extended Term Consultant in Washington, USA.
Embark on a finance frontier with the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
We are in search of an Extended Term Consultant in Washington, United States.
IFC Seeks Extended Term Consultant in Washington, USA
This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to global financial initiatives and be part of IFC’s dynamic team.
Join us in the vibrant city of Washington and play a pivotal role in shaping international finance.
IFC a member of the World Bank Group is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets.
We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries.
leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises.
Duties and Accountabilities
The climate E&S risk consultant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks
- Support in implementing the climate E&S risk management program and the relevant risk evaluation tools including
- Screening projects for climate E&S risks
- Gathering and analyzing available information
- Supporting, in coordination with the climate risk team, the project lead E&S specialist in the identification and proposition of appropriate mitigation measures for identified climate E&S risks and impacts
- Producing high-quality work products that clearly and logically frame climate E&S risk and relevant mitigation.
- Track and report on portfolio client performance regarding climate E&S risk management.
- Support in developing and rolling out the climate E&S risk management program and the relevant risk evaluation tools within the CEG department
- A degree in engineering or sciences or climate relevant to the position.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge of IFC’s Sustainability Framework and supporting documents a plus.
- Familiarity with Joint MDB Assessment Framework for Paris Alignment for Direct Investment Operations and World Bank Group Climate Change Action Plan a plus.
- Strong research and analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse related data and information.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and deal with frequent and unexpected and work within tight timeframes.