The IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations and is the leading
UN agency in the field of migration works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
The IOM is hereby looking for an experienced and qualified Laboratory Manager to work within it’s organization for a certain period of time.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education • University degree from accredited academic institution Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology or a related discipline with six years of relevant experience; or
• Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology or a related discipline with two years’ experience
Laboratory Manager Job at IOM
Find more United Nations Jobs HERE
Four years of relevant laboratory experience in a busy institution, preferably in a laboratory
• Proven management and/or supervisory, organizational, and planning skills
• Effectively applies and transfers relevant technical knowledge and practices to personnel and laboratory operations.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of data collection and analysis for monitoring and continuous improvement of laboratory services and performance.
• Excellent awareness of the laboratory role in health systems; optimal use of resources for quality and efficient service delivery.
• Effective managerial, leadership, and organizational skills
- Guarantee that standards of laboratory services correspond to HAPs and other programmes or project requirements via keeping Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) up to date and annual review.
- Ensure high quality with regards to international standards in all aspects of service delivery via internal quality controls and organizing and facilitating in external quality assessment.
- Verify optimum staffing levels for planned workload. Recruit, train, supervise, and assess laboratory staff. Ensure staff development and continuous training for staff.
- Contribute in annual HAP activities planning and budget preparation related to laboratory services.
- Guarantee that the equipment and consumables are sufficient for the anticipated work. Plan and organize procurement, delivery, installation, servicing, and operation of all laboratory equipment and optimal expenditure of consumables.
- Validate the system of organized record-keeping and information management for timely delivery of results, data collection, analysis, and reporting for laboratory monitoring and facilitation to operational research.
- Liaise on laboratory-related topics with national laboratories and laboratories in other countries, IOM Units, relevant national entities, and international partners.