Paid Internship at Peace Spring 2024. Embark on a transformative journey as an Intern in Africa – Spring 2024.
Paid Internship at Peace Spring 2024:
Join our dynamic team in Washington, District of Columbia, United States, as an Intern for the Africa regional program in Spring 2024. We are seeking individuals with strong research, writing, communication, and organizational skills, who are deeply interested in sub-Saharan Africa and dedicated to democracy work in the region.
|Position||Paid Internship at Peace Spring 2024|
|Location||Washington, District of Columbia, United States|
|Employment Type||Part-time | Partially remote|
|Position Summary||The Africa regional program team is in search of an individual with demonstrated enthusiasm and competence in research, writing, communication, and organization. We are specifically looking for someone with a keen interest in sub-Saharan Africa and a strong commitment to advancing democracy in the region. We value energetic, creative, and flexible team players who can take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and work autonomously. This paid internship opportunity is available to both current graduate and undergraduate students.|
The Africa regional program team seeks an individual with strong research, writing, communication, and organizational skills who has a demonstrated interest in sub-Saharan Africa and in democracy work in the region to serve as an Intern for Spring 2024.
FIND MORE UN JOBS HERE
Energetic, creative, and flexible team players who take initiatives, prioritize several competing tasks, and work independently are encouraged to apply. The paid internship is open to current graduate or undergraduate students.
- Conduct research to track political developments throughout Africa.
- Assist in drafting invitation letters, organizing event logistics, note taking, meeting agendas and newsletters.
- Take notes during meetings and draft minutes.
- Attend lectures and roundtable discussions on African policy issues; and,
- Work with other members of the Africa team as requested.
- Candidate must be a registered student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program.
- Qualified candidates should have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, maintain a strong work ethic and have sharp attention to detail. Students must also have strong computer skills.
NED Application Deadline: n/a; All internships are posted until filled.
Anticipated Start Date: o/a Jan 22<sup>nd</sup>, 2024
Orientation Dates: o/a Jan 22<sup>nd</sup> – 26th, 2024
Anticipated End Date: o/a May 17<sup>th</sup>, 2024
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, desired salary, and contact information for three professional references, of which one should be a supervisor. Please, no phone call inquiries.