The Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) is excited to offer sponsored nurse aide jobs at the Washington Veterans Home. If you’re a compassionate and dedicated nursing professional, we invite you to become part of our team and make a meaningful difference in the lives of veterans and their families.
Join Our Team as a Certified Nursing Assistant at Washington Veterans Home
Position: Nursing Assistant Certified
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Shift: Evening and Night Shift
Location: Washington Veterans Home
Annual Salary Range: $47,688 – $55,224
If you’re a newly hired full-time NAC or NAC Lead, you may be eligible for incredible hiring incentives of up to $4,500. Even Nursing Assistants Registered (NAR) can apply for this position. NAR hires will initially be in a non-permanent capacity for four months but will become eligible for the hiring incentive pay once they obtain their NAC credential.
Additionally, positions at this location will receive a 5% Premium Pay for facilities open twenty-four hours per day. To qualify, employees must physically work at the facility for at least three days per workweek. The 5% Premium Pay is in effect until June 29th, 2025.
At WDVA, our mission is to “Serve Those Who Served.” We are a national leader in advocating for over 500,000 veterans and their families, connecting them to earned benefits, innovative health and wellness programs, and critical community services. We operate four State Veterans Homes in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane, and Walla Walla, providing Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care to honorably discharged veterans, including their spouses, widows, or Gold Star Families.
As a Nursing Assistant Certified at WDVA, you’ll play a crucial role in delivering nursing and nursing-related care to vulnerable veterans in need of skilled nursing care. Your caring attitude and dedication will brighten the prospects of our patients and contribute to our mission of “Serving Those Who Served.”
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting residents with positioning, transferring, and ambulation to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Responding to call lights, emergencies, and facility codes.
- Recording care, vital signs, and observations.
- Assisting residents with personal care, including bathing, dressing, grooming, and hygiene.
- Supporting therapies and treatments under the direction of licensed personnel.
- Performing basic nursing procedures such as applying stockings, creams, collecting specimens, and more.
Required Qualifications (NAC):
- Valid Washington State license to practice as a Nursing Assistant Certified.
- Current active status on OBRA (Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act).
Required Qualifications (NAR):
- Valid Washington State registration to practice as a Nursing Assistant Registered.
- Must be able to obtain a Nursing Assistant Certified credential and active OBRA status within 4 months of hire.
- Long-term care experience.
If you’re ready to join our team, please submit the following documents with your application:
- A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
- A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
Finalists will be asked to provide a list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
Prior to hiring, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted. Information from the background check will be considered in determining suitability and competence for the position.
Applicants must comply with health screening requirements, including a tuberculosis skin test. Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license and insurance if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE). Candidates offered a job with WDVA must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
If you wish to claim Veterans Preference, please attach relevant documentation to your application. WDVA is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Join Our Diverse and Inclusive Team
At the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs, we value diversity and believe that our greatest strength lies in our diverse workforce. We are committed to building a workplace where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity or the application process, please contact us at email@example.com. Join us in fulfilling our mission of “Serving Those Who Served” by becoming a part of our compassionate and dedicated team.