Education Division Consultant Job. Make a Difference in Latin America and the Caribbean: Join Us as an Education Division Consultant at IDB Washington, United States of America.
Exciting Job Opportunity: Education Division Consultant at IDB Washington
|Job Title||Education Division Consultant|
|Organization||Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)|
|Closing Date||Tuesday, 14 November 2023|
|Post of Duty||Washington D.C.|
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this Education Division Consultant Job at IDB, Washington United States of America
The Social Sector (SCL) is a multidisciplinary team convinced that investing in people is the way to improve lives and overcome the development challenges in Latin America and the Caribbean. Jointly with the countries in the region, the Social Sector formulates public policy solutions to reduce poverty and improve the delivery of education, work, social protection, and health services. The objective is to advance a more productive region, with equal opportunities for men and women, and greater inclusion of the most vulnerable groups.
- Education: Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Education, or other fields relevant to the responsibilities of the role.
- Experience: At least 5 years of progressive experience in developing, analyzing, and articulating project issues, diagnosing problems, and proposing reliable solutions. Experienced in research and data analysis for public policy in the education sector, as demonstrated by academic and other professional achievements. Excellent writing skills and proven ability to write academic papers as well as brief, clear and concise analytical reports, discussion notes and presentations.
- Superior organizational, coordination and logistical skills, including s kills for planning and structuring meetings with stakeholders. Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, to look ahead, address and prioritize a wide range of issues and activities for timely completion, and to work independently on the basis of general instructions and as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team. Proven ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced work environment. Superior communication and interpersonal skills, client-orientation, diplomatic skills, and mature judgment as well as sensitivity to social and cultural issues.
- Languages: Proficiency in English and one of the other Bank official languages (Spanish, French or Portuguese) is required.
Key skills :
- Learn continuously
- Collaborate and share knowledge
- Focus on clients
- Communicate and influence
- Innovate and try new things
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration:
- Type of contract: Consultant Full-Time
- Length of contract: 12 months
- Work Location: On site
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package
- Leave and vacations : 2 days per month of contract + gender-neutral parental leave
- Health Insurance the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance
- Savings plan : The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
- Development support: We offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.