Embark on a transformative journey with the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA-ROLI) as they open doors to a dynamic ABA Spring Paid Internship at their Washington, DC headquarters.
Founded on a commitment to advancing the rule of law globally, the ABA remains at the forefront of ensuring access to justice, fair legal processes, and respect for the rule of law.
Paid Internship at ABA ROLI HQ in Washington, DC – Apply now
As a Paid Intern, you’ll play a crucial role in contributing to the impactful work of the ABA, gaining valuable experience, training, and educational benefits. Seize this opportunity to refine your legal skills, eliminate bias, and advance the rule of law on both a national and global scale.
Paid Internship at ABA ROLI HQ in Washington, DC opportunity apply now
Apply now and become part of an organization dedicated to the professional growth and development of legal professionals.
Description of Internship Opportunity:
ABA ROLI’s Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) Division seeks a paid intern to collaborate with the division on rule of law programs across the region.
\The intern will engage in a wide range of tasks including, but not limited to, developing outreach materials and reports, conducting targeted research, assisting in the editing of progress reports, and coordinating the development of monitoring and evaluation tracking systems.
The intern will also participate in exploration of opportunities for new programs, for example, conducting research for new program development and potential funding opportunities within the scope of ABA ROLI’s programs.
The intern will also work closely with DC and regional staff to assist in the development of concept notes or proposals
To be eligible for a paid internship, individuals must be 18 years of age or older, and authorized to work in the United States.Relevant Program/Area of Study:
- International Relations
- Political Science
- Hispanic Studies
- Fields related to international development, government, and/or Hispanic Studies Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist relevant business unit in accomplishing the mission and goals of the ABA.
- Accepts and completes assigned projects during the term of the internship. Required Education, Qualifications, Experience d7ZmVRT Dmo7Rl
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Possession of or working towards a bachelor’s or graduate degree, relevant to the area of work, from an accredited college or university.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Interest in rule of law, civil society engagement, civic education, legal clinical education, or other relevant subjects.
- Working fluency in Spanish.
- Creativity and the ability to use storytelling to build support for our work.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Candidates who have or are currently working toward a law degree or a master’s degree in a relevant field.