Senior Technical Writer opportunity in Dt Global Arlington, USA – Apply now for an life changing opportunity.
Join the narrative of progress at DT Global as we pave the way for sustainable development and innovation.
We’re on the lookout for a Senior Technical Writer to join our Arlington office in the United States. DT Global, committed to fostering inclusive prosperity, social equity, and environmental stewardship, collaborates with local stakeholders to shape a future where positive change knows no bounds.
Senior Technical Writer opportunity in Dt Global Arlington, USA – Apply now
As part of our global team of 2,500 staff and experts working in over 90 countries, you’ll be at the forefront of solving complex problems in peacebuilding, governance, economic development, environment, and human development sectors.
Senior Technical Writer opportunity in Dt Global Arlington, apply as Gt global has a legacy of technical excellence and over 60 years of international development experience and
relationships, DT Global is dedicated to delivering innovative solutions that transform lives.
Apply today Extended Term Consultant Job at World Bank in Washington, DC – Apply by Nov 16, 2023and be a wordsmith of change, contributing to a legacy of impact and progress.
Technical Proposal Writing (85%)
- Lead writing on any section of a proposal from technical approach to PWSs, to management plans and/or other sections.
- Lead the technical proposal development process working closely with subject matter experts/ Technical Leads to communicate the strategic technical approach and demonstrate our capabilities to implement our proposed technical approach.
- Co-lead the technical proposal planning and writing by working with the L&I team, Technical Lead, and Capture/Proposal Manager to facilitate technical solutions designs (TSDs), brainstorming, storyboarding, and whiteboarding sessions; develop logical frameworks, win themes, and theory of change hypotheses; and negotiate and communicate writing assignments.
- Facilitate the development of a clear, winning vision ensuring responsiveness to solicitation requirements and client objectives
- Support the design of consortium partner SOWs as they relate to the technical design
- Participate in color reviews (Pink and Red) and incorporate feedback from reviewers
- As the need arises, work with Technical Leads and Proposal Managers to review previously written drafts, identify relevant content, and incorporate the identified content into the new, more advanced proposal drafts
- Integrate all sections of the technical volume or proposal annexes that may be delegated to supporting writers such as a management plan, MEL Plan, QASP, key personnel CVs, Branding and Marking Plan, Small Business Considerations, and any other annexes required by the solicitation, as determined by the Proposal Manager, to ensure consistency of language, tone, voice, and to incorporate relevant themes from the technical volume throughout.
- Provide oversight in the compilation of partner materials to ensure the submissions are accurate, complete and align proposed roles with technical, pricing and contract leads.
- Work closely with the Capture/Proposal Manager to coordinate logistics and administrative tasks through each stage of the proposal cycle, including coordinating with support teams such as pricing, recruitment, production, and contracts.
- Track business development forecasts, conduct desk research in support of specific opportunities or general market intelligence, and prepare competitive analyses.
- Under the direction of the Proposal Manager, assist in the preparation of pre-teaming agreements, teaming agreements, consulting agreements, and Letters of Commitment for proposal partners and consultants.
- Provide technical writing support for various non-technical proposal sections, including past performance references, corporate capabilities, personnel, or other related sections as assigned by the Proposal Manager.
- Track progress on recruiting and securing staff, review CVs for key and non-key personnel positions, assist with shortlisting of candidates, participate in initial interviews for select positions, and coordinate collection of all required recruitment documentation.
- Support Capture Managers with development of internal process documentation, including Opportunity Assessment Forms and Capture Plans, and maintain practice proposal files in NetSuite and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for capture trips, and may serve as a local recruiter.
- Contribute to technical solution designs, reviews, and analyses of proposal and business development strategy relative to the position’s junior role within proposal teams.
- Under the direction of the Proposal Manager, help prepare compliance matrices for live solicitations.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international relations, or a related field; or equivalent combination or education and experience; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of eight years of USAID proposal writing experience; 15+ years of professional experience preferred
- Demonstrated history of writing winning USAID proposals; preferably contracts and across the sectors of WASH, Energy, or Climate.
- Extensive experience and deep understanding of USAID proposal processes, rules and mechanisms, the competitive environment, implementing partners, and a strong network of experts in the field, across various technical areas such as economic growth, governance, WASH, Energy, and Climate.
- Demonstrated strong English language writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated experience traveling for new business capture trips; experience living and working in international development preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with colleagues, donors, consultants, and technical experts.
- Experience mentoring, developing, and training staff in business development topics.
- Ability to produce multiple writing samples is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multitask and complete objectives, often with inflexible and tight deadlines
- Ability to travel internationally on short notice and up to 20% of Level of Effort (LOE)
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
for more information on the job visit the official website https://lde.tbe.taleo.net/lde01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=URSAUS&cws=39&rid=2386