Extended Term Consultant Job. World Bank Seeks Extended Term Consultant for Urban Development Role in Washington, DC – Apply by November 16, 2023.
Are you passionate about urban development and looking for a unique opportunity to contribute to global initiatives? The World Bank is in search of an Extended Term Consultant to join its Urban sector team in Washington, DC. This one-year role offers you the chance to be part of a prestigious international organization and make a real impact in urban development.
|Position||Extended Term Consultant Job|
|Organization||The World Bank|
|Office||World Bank in Washington, United States|
|Closing Date||Thursday, 16 November 2023|
|Term Duration||1 year 0 months|
|Recruitment Type||Local Recruitment|
|Location||Washington, DC, United States|
|Required Language(s)||English [Essential]|
|Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY)||11/16/2023 at 11:59pm UTC|
If you possess essential English language skills and are ready to take on this exciting challenge, apply by November 16, 2023, to start your journey with the World Bank. Don’t miss this opportunity to shape the future of urban development!
Extended Term Consultant Job at World Bank in Washington, DC
Duties and Accountabilities
The GPURL team is looking for an experienced, hands-on Digital Content Producer/Strategist to play a critical role in the global unit’s day-to-day management of content creation and outreach, especially on social media, by harmonizing efforts across the GP’s various pillars, partnerships and Trust Funds.
The Digital Producer/Strategist plays a central role in strategizing and crafting this content, including for social media, and helping with project execution on a daily basis for GPURL’s communications team.
The responsibilities of this role include but may not be limited to the following:
- Support the management of the GP’s overall content strategy and social media presence with a bird’s eye view across key areas of work, partnerships and Trust Funded-activities, with a strong focus on the GP’s role in the larger context of the Bank’s work in Sustainable Development.
- Working closely with the Communications Lead, implement the GP communications strategy and work plan, identifying opportunities for positioning URL through events, flagship reports, social media, and other channels.
- Provide input into a proactive and modern digital outreach strategy for GPURL based on the GP’s business plan, priorities across TFs and partnerships/initiatives and overall corporate goals.
- Maintain an up-to-date editorial calendar, with guidance from the Communications Lead and team.
- Maintain URL external facing webpages, updating content regularly to showcase the work of URL business lines. Publish content to appropriate content management systems (e.g., Adobe AEM) in compliance with World Bank standards.
- Influence, monitor corporate social media channels to identify strategy, disseminate key messages and content, support strategic partnerships, track key influencers, engage and expand audience.
- Write, edit and package web and social media content that include high quality blog posts and feature stories to support key GP launches, events and campaigns, and where applicable, make connections to the overall SDGs agenda.
- Apply editorial processes and approval workflows, as well as reviewing, editing and writing content for publication on external and internal channels, and other platforms as appropriate.
- Work in concert with regional and corporate teams to ensure harmonious and strategic content production and outreach.
- Monitor and flag potential reputation risk issues that arise on social media.
- Develop and implement social media and e-mail campaigns and content, data visualizations (e.g., social media postcards, infographics, dataviz, video, audio, newsletters).
- Publish content to appropriate content management systems (e.g., Adobe AEM) in compliance with World Bank standards (editorial, technical, security).
- Establish key performance indicators and review social media metrics; share results and recommendations with corporate communications management and staff.
- Proactively create and pursue new digital engagement opportunities to advance GP priorities, including content partnerships, external placements and others.
- Follow, share and guide clients through the digital governance guidelines and processes established to create new websites, apps, or other online channels and develop relationships with online communications colleagues, sharing knowledge and ensuring best practices.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, political science, international relations, public affairs, or other related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and ability to write, edit, communicate, and operate under pressure and tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy and professionalism.
- Self-motivated and creative, with excellent project management and organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks, and ability to work with both internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to develop, analyze, and articulate project issues.
- A sharp analytical mind, good political judgement and diplomatic skills, proven ability to work across teams and issues, and high initiative, energy, and drive for results.
- Knowledge of digital platforms, including social media, and ability to present data and ideas visually.
- Proven knowledge and proficiency with online performance measurement and impact analysis tools; ability to research, identify, and map intended audiences and stakeholders, and to leverage communication tools and methodologies (such as online monitoring, web analytics, or other tools) to assess their information needs.
- High levels of initiative, judgment, and decisiveness in accomplishing tasks; proven ability to work independently; good time-management skills and an eye for detail; ability to work effectively under stress and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and teamwork skills; sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment.