Digital Transformation Consultant IDB in Washington DC , apply now.
Be at the forefront of digital innovation.
IDB Invest, a part of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), is in search of a Digital Transformation Consultant for the Advisory Services Division (ADV/DSP) in Washington, United States.
This role offers a unique opportunity to drive digital evolution and contribute to impactful initiatives.
Digital Transformation Consultant IDB in Washington DC , apply now
Join us in Washington and be a key player in shaping the future of digital transformation at IDB Invest.
About this position
The Advisory Services Division sits within the Strategy and Development Department.
Our Advisory Services Division works closely with the Investment Segments divisions to enhance our value proposition beyond financing, through advisory services and technical assistance.
The Digital Transformation unit is a dynamic team dedicated to unlocking the potential of digital solutions to tackle unique challenges and create new opportunities that can be adopted across all sectors.
Our overarching mission is to fuel economic development, foster social inclusion and promote climate sustainability across Latin America and the Caribbean by empowering the private sector.
As Digital Transformation Contractual, you will manage the design and implementation of advisory services in the region with a focus on how to enhance our client’s productivity.
Improve operational efficiency, address knowledge gaps that can be solved through training on reskilling and upskilling, engage with innovative start-up ecosystems, and introduce new ways of working enabled by digital tools.
Main functions and responsibilities include
(1) Drive continuous digital innovation within Digital Transformation Advisory Team:
- Identify new innovative opportunities for IDB Invest clients related to digital solutions, thinking outside of the box to design and deliver client-centric proposals supported by new technologies, such as: real-time analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, business process automation, or cybersecurity, among others.
- Manage multiple priorities and develop business cases for new digital transformation use cases, working together with other internal teams to understand their needs, creating buy-in narratives for solution adoption, and building trusted collaborative relationships.
(2) Execution of IDB Invest’s Technical Assistances and market studies, supported by third party providers
- Lead and manage the execution of Technical Assistance projects and market research, implement quick wins on own account and manage vendors to achieve objectives within schedule and budget, when required.
- Ensure that Digital Transformation unit strategies remain constantly committed to IDB Invest’s core mission, encompassing climate change, sustainability, social inclusion, and innovation.
Hands-on experience in collaborating with startups or innovation ecosystems, to support IDB Invest’s clients to engage and create a comprehensive set of digital solutions that address the needs of the client will be considered a plus.
You hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, STEM, sustainability, international relations or economics and/or other relevant fields related to digital transformation. An advanced degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) will be desirable.
At least 2 years relevant professional experience related to the key responsibilities of the position and experience working within a team of specialists.
You have a solid understanding of how technology-driven business models are disrupting incumbents across different economic sectors and are familiar with open innovation and corporate entrepreneurship in LAC.
Experience and skills in client relationships, as well as management consulting and technology strategy will be highly valued.
Oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish required; knowledge of Portuguese and/or French is a plus
Hybrid and flexible work schedules.