Trade and Investment Consultant Job at IDB, Washington – Apply by 11/3/2023! We are currently looking for a motivated, applied, and innovative individual to provide technical and business development to the Integration and Trade Sector (INT) of the Vice-Presidency for Sectors and Knowledge (VPS), regarding the following initiatives and integration block:
The Americas Business Dialogue (ABD) is an initiative led by the private sector and facilitated by the IDB that fosters a high-level dialogue between governments and the private sector of the region on policies that promote investment, job creation, and economic development.
UN Career Opportunity: Trade and Investment Consultant at IDB Washington
|Job Title||Trade and Investment Consultant|
|Organization||Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)|
|Closing Date||Friday, 3 November 2023|
|Post of Duty||Washington D.C.|
The Inter-American Development Bank Group (IDB Group) is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
What you’ll need :
- Education: Master’s in economics, law, international relations, business administration or related fields relevant to the responsibilities of the role
- Experience: At least 10 years of experience in business development, trade facilitation and/or investment attraction, particularly in LAC. Relevant experience in designing and implementing strategies to attract new partners, consolidating collaboration programs, and generating business opportunities to access funds will be highly valued.
- Languages: Proficiency in English and one of the other Bank official languages (Spanish, French or Portuguese) is required.
Key skills :
- Learn continuously
- Collaborate and share knowledge
- Focus on clients
- Communicate and influence
- Innovate and try new things
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries.
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration:
- Type of contract: International Consultant Full-Time (CNS)
- Length of contract: 12 months
- Work Location: On site
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation packages
- Leaves and vacations : 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave
- Health Insurance : the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- Savings plan : The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
- We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family when it applies.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules