Research Fellow Job At UNDP, USA background information:
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team dedicated to making a difference in the world. Your research work will contribute to addressing critical global challenges, fostering sustainable development, and improving the lives of people in need. Join us in our mission to create a brighter future and be a catalyst for meaningful impact as a Research Fellow with UNDP in the United States
UNDP Istanbul International Center for Private Sector in Development (ICPSD) has a mandate to leverage the role of the private sector in development.
The Center advocates for the contribution of the private sector to human development and inclusive growth through the following thematic priority areas:
• Private Sector Engagement through South-South Cooperation for the SDGs
• Role of the Private Sector in Skills Development
• Impact Investment
• Private Sector Resilience and Crisis Response
The activities include, but are not limited to, developing Islamic finance-backed innovative financing mechanisms, such as microfinance, credit guarantee funds, Green Sukuk products, as well as designing capacity-building activities such as training programs and awareness-raising activities.
Research Fellow Job At UNDP, USA
Under the guidance and supervision of the ICPSD’s Deputy Director and Islamic Finance Portfolio Lead, the Research Fellow will provide support to the research and knowledge management activities of the ICPSD in Islamic finance and impact investing.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE
The Research Fellow will conduct research on political, social, and economic trends in the impact investing thematic area of the Center and participate in the formulation, management, and evaluation of knowledge management activities within ICPSD’s mandate to enhance the role of private sector in development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support qualitative and quantitative background analysis and related research for projects that the Islamic Finance Portfolio is engaged in, including projects related to Islamic Financial Institutions roles in impact investing.
- Support the preparation of the document set for event participants (i.e. press kit, logistics note) and any other document deemed necessary.
- Prepare the logistics plan for each event and ensure its proper implementation in coordination with the travel agencies, hotels, and other partners.
- Assist in the preparation of notes, summaries, presentations for events and advisory activities.
|IT skills: knowledge and proficiency as a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools. Experience in handling web-based management systems (i.e. ERP, Atlas) is an asset.|
Language skills: English is required. Knowledge of Arabic and/or French is an advantage.
Other competencies and attitudes: Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
Required Skills and Experience
|Education: Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements: |
Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration, Islamic finance, international development, international relations, political science, or related field is required. Master’s degree in economics, business administration, Islamic finance, international development, international relations, political science, or related field is an asset.
Application procedure: The application should contain: Brief Cover Letter (in English) stating interest in and qualifications for the post; Current and complete CV in English; Please group all your documents into one single PDF document, as the system only allows a single document to be uploaded. Candidates who are selected must submit prior to the interview the following documents: Official document(s) confirming meeting at least one of the educational requirements.
Stipend: During the time of the fellowship, UNDP will provide a monthly stipend.