For those who are looking for the next opportunity to make a lasting impact and drive real change through their research, here is your opportunity.
The University of Sydney is hereby supporting rising research stars to build a better world, and to achieve that, they have launched our flagship Sydney Horizon Fellowships.
These fellowships are intended to empower the best and brightest emerging academics to undertake innovative research that will build our understanding of and resilience to climate change, improve health outcomes, and create a more sustainable world.
About the Sydney Horizon Fellowship
The Sydney Horizon Fellowship has a mandate to empower up to 40 of the world’s best and brightest emerging leaders to pursue research that addresses some of the most pressing issues facing our world today.
Each successful applicant will receive:
- a continuing position (subject to confirmation) that starts with a five-year research-focused fellowship, which includes training and mentorship to develop academic leadership skills and up to AUD$100,000 per annum in research funding,
- a competitive annual salary, ranging from AUD$113,000–$160,000, plus 17% superannuation (pension fund).
Climate change, health, and sustainability are three of our most pressing contemporary challenges. Drawing on and developing their disciplinary and multidisciplinary skills, Fellows will address these challenges and advance potential solutions.
Fellows will be supported to join existing centers and form new communities of practice across the schools and faculties of the university, working together to address the three grand challenges.
- be less than ten years since the award of their PhD (or equivalent) at the closing date of the application, considering career interruptions,
- commit to working on the Fellowship from the agreed-upon start date of the award,
- obtain and maintain the right to work in Australia,
- Apply via the Sydney Horizon Fellowships application page; applications, including attachments and questionnaire responses, will not be accepted via other methods.
Applicants will be asked to provide their ORCID ID (where available) in their application to assist with the assessment process.
FIND MORE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES HERE
The Sydney Horizon Fellowship is open to all disciplines. Applicants must propose research that addresses at least one of the challenges of climate change, health, or sustainability.